These professional gangways are:
– Entirely made of anodized aluminum, a seawater-resistant alloy
– Fitted with aluminum non-slip tread
– Tread width 60 cm (total width 70cm)
– traps enforce for extra support
– Removable aluminum stanchions on both sides with double rope railing (easy assembly and disassembly through bayonet)
– Fitted with two nylon wheels on the quay side and hooks on the ship’s side
– With 4 fixed lifting points
– The maximum angle at which the gangway may be used: 30 degrees
It is important to know whether the gangway will be taken on board the ship.
If the gangway is carried on board the ship while sailing, the gangway will have to meet ISO 7061 standards – which type S is required. The Type S gangway is stronger constructed because it must comply with a load of 4kN / m 2 and should be performed with shovel-strips on both sides of the gangway in addition to the running surface, as described in the ISO 7061 standard.